QMAS is a quota based system which aims at attracting talented persons of different sectors to settle in Hong Kong in order to enhance HK’s competitiveness in global market.
Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
- Entrant Scheme to attract highly skilled or talented people to enter & remain in HK
- Applicants need to meet set Pre-requisites
- Pass Points test-either General OR Achievement
- High scoring applications are selected in a selection exercise by the HK Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota
- Approval-in-Principal Letter given for Interview in HK
- Attend Interview with original documents
- Entry Visa / Work Permit granted for one year
- Can bring spouse & children under 18 to HK
Career Strategy: Why Hong Kong?
Hence, a stint in Hong Kong will add a lot of mileage to your career that very few of your colleagues will be able to boast of.
A job abroad can give your career a big boost. Foreign experience shows bosses that you're unusually adaptable and versatile. It can put you on a fast track for advancement.
With Asia-Pacific, China and India becoming the happening economies, gaining any kind of expertise or experience around them adds a lot of value to your resume and opens several opportunities.
Working in Hong Kong adds great value to your resume as you would have interacted with China, India, Asia Pacific, and the Gulf in some way or the other.
- Hong Kong is the leading financial centre of Asia and is one of the top sources of outward direct foreign investment in Asia
- Logistics and trade-supporting services, such as Product testing and inspection, Arbitration and mediation, Trade finance documentation and Insurance
- As China liberalizes its markets due to its WTO membership commitments, Hong Kong firms are increasingly active in connecting suppliers in other countries with consumers in the Chinese Mainland and elsewhere in Asia.
All applicants must satisfy all of the following prerequisites:
- Age-18 or above
- Financial requirement-He/she is capable of supporting and accommodating himself / herself and his/her dependants, if any, on his/her own financial resources without relying on public assistance during his/her stay in Hong Kong
- Good character-No criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
- Language proficiency- The applicant should be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese)
- Basic educational qualification-Good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution
For detailed information kindly speak to our experts.